Why we are first always ?
A grade based self-placed app or web to give the learner success easily.
More than 1000 Question bank
A big Exam test database ,for your success. So be prepared !.
Professional Method to learn
Learning a learners theory is like learning a new language. If you get the right tutorial,You can learn it easily.
100% Success Rate
Our success rate is 100% compare to other competitors.
Trusted by 5 million+ learners
We are the only one who trust always for drivers learners Test.
About Driver Learner Theory Test
In order to obtain a full Irish driving licence, you must first take and pass the driver theory test.
- The driver theory test in Ireland is a computer-based assessment that assesses your knowledge of all aspects of motoring.
- It is based on current road traffic legislation and the Rules of the Road – the official road user guide which forms the basis of road safety in Ireland.
- The questions that you will come across are knowledge-based and will be randomly chosen from a bank of almost 1000 questions from five categories. These categories are listed below
- 1.Legal matters/rules of the road
- 2.Safe and responsible driving
- 3.Control of vehicle
- 4.Managing risk factors
- 5.Technical matters
Driver Theory Test - Steps ?
The driver theory test is taken on a computer, using a touch screen or a mouse and keyboard. You don’t need to be highly proficient at using computers to take the test. Prior to the start of the test, you will be shown a short tutorial that will provide you with instructions on how the test works.
- In order to familiarise yourself with the test, you will be given the option to answer two practice questions. If you have any questions or concerns at this point, staff will be on hand to help.
- The test consists of 40 multiple-choice questions and has a time limit of 45 minutes. Each question has four possible answers.
- Only one of these answers is correct. There is a square box next to each option.
- You need to tick the one which you think is the correct answer. If you change your mind about an answer, you may choose another one.
- If you’re unsure about a question, you may skip it and return to it at a later stage. Before finishing the test, you can review your answers and change any you’re unsure about. If you have answered all the questions to the best of your ability with time to spare, you can end the test and leave early.
Test Day Preparation
You should plan to arrive at the centre 15 minutes before your test appointment time. You will be welcomed by members of staff and your appointment time will be confirmed. Please note, if you arrive late for your driver theory test, you won’t be allowed to sit the exam and you will lose your test fee.
- Remember to bring the correct form of identification with you. Any one of the following forms of identification will suffice:-
- 1.Passport (Irish passports and other passports valid for international use only)
- 2.Irish Passport Cards.
- 3.Public Services Card (PSC).
- 4.National Identity Card from EU/EEA Member States or Switzerland.
- You will then be checked in and asked to provide the required proof of your identity. You cannot take personal belonging into the test room so staff will give you a key for a secure locker.
- Soon after finishing the test, the administrator will hand you a score report.Thats All.
Driver Learner Test Results !
You will receive your test result shortly after finishing the driver theory test at the test centre. You will be given a score report with your results. This report will list the five categories of questions and tell you how well you did in each of them.
- If you pass, you will be presented with a pass certificate. You will now be able to apply for your Learner Permit. This can be done on the National Driver Licence Service (NDLS) website.
- You will need your Public Services Card and verified MyGovID to proceed with your online application. You can then start learning how to drive on Irish roads.
- Your certificate will be valid for two years from the date you pass your driver theory test. If you don’t apply for your Learner Permit within this time period, you will have to pay for and retake the test.
- If you fail, the report will list the categories where improvement is required. You should go away and practice these topics before applying to take another driver theory test.
- You will need to wait 3 working days before you can sit another theory test. For example, if you sat the test on Monday, the soonest you could take another test would be Friday.
Driver Theory Test Booking info
To book online, go to https://theorytest.ie/book-your-theory-test/ and register your details. You will need one of the following forms of identification to book the test:
- 1.Public Services Card (with photograph).
- 2.Passports (valid for international use only or up to maximum of 12 months expired).
- 3.Irish Passport Cards (valid for international use, not expired and in good condition).
- 4.National Identity Card from EU/EEA Member States or Switzerland.
- 5.Irish Category B (Car) or Category A (Motorcycle) Learner Permit or Full Driving Licence (in good condition).
- NB : when making your booking, the name that you use must exactly match the one presented on your ID. If they don’t match, you won’t be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your booking fee.
- When applying for the test, you will be asked about the category of theory test you wish to undertake. Most candidates will choose driver theory test category B for the car theory test.
Languages other than English avilable
As well as English and Irish, voiceover support is available for the following languages:-.
- Lithuanian (car theory test only).
- Russian (car theory test only).
- Arabic (car and motorcycle theory test only).
- You will need to request this additional support when booking your driver theory test.
- At the following test centres, translator supported tests are available for candidates who don’t speak or understand English or Irish:-
- 1.Dublin Central.
- 2.Dublin North (Santry).
- 3.Sligo, Waterford.
- NB: Candidates needing this support must provide evidence for their requirements.
Additional Learner test Support :-
If you require additional support for your driver theory test, there are various options available:-
- Voiceover – if you have reading difficulties, voiceover support is available whereby questions and answers are read out through headphones.
- If need an Extra time.
- Dyslexia support.
- Reader recorder service – a member of staff will be available to read questions and answers out to you, and record your answer on the computer.
- Translation/interpreter services .
- The voiceover option can be selected when making your booking online or over the phone. If you require any of the other options from the list above (2-5), you must:-
- 1.make your application by post.
- 2.enclose a letter of evidence on official headed paper by a relevant professional such as a doctor or teacher confirming your requirements.
- And This should be sent to by post to the below address : Driver Theory Test,PO Box 15,Dundalk,Co. Louth
Driver CPC Training Centres ?
NB:Only use an RSA-approved trainer for Driver CPC training.
- How to renew your driver CPC card and stay qualified?.
- When the time comes to renew your driver CPC card, you must have completed all of the necessary periodic training and these modules should be showing in your MyCPC portalOpen in new browser tab account. Provided all of this is up to date, we will automatically post your new driver CPC card to the address listed in your MyCPC account, before your current card expires..
- If you've returned to professional driving and are compliant in your 35-hour periodic training requirements but haven't yet received your renewed driver CPC card, please check that all of your records are up to date
- Fees of replace a lost, stolen or damaged driver CPC card ?.
- The fee to replace your Driver CPC card if it's lost, stolen or damaged is €50.00
Am I required to wear a mask while testing in the Driver Theory Test Centre? No
- Where can I make a booking for the Driver Theory Test service?
- Ans : A booking for a Driver Theory Test may be made via our Book your Theory Test or by telephone at 0818 606 106.
- I had a Theory Test appointment booked prior to the suspension of services - will I get priority when a new date is assigned?
- Ans : You should already have been assigned another date, please check your email for information about a future appointment date. If you have not received an appointment please visit theorytest.ie for further information or contact the Driver Theory Test Service at 0818 606 106.
Millions of happy Learner students and counting..
Tell us a little bit about your doubts to get started. Whats on your mind !